Who Run the World? | Female Founders Grant
Company News - 22 Apr 2022
Are you a Female Business Founder, Entrepreneur or CEO?
The Australian Government has released a “Boosting Female Founders Regime 3” which supports and empowers female business owners. The program provides grants between $100,000 to $400,000 for majority female-owned and led start-ups to expand into domestic and global markets. The program also offers expert mentoring and advice to a select number of eligible applicants.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- be a startup that is scalable as defined in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines;
- be a female-founded startup that is at least 51 per cent owned and led by women, as defined in the grant opportunity guidelines; and
- have a combined annual turnover of less than $20 million for each of the three financial years prior to the lodgement of the application.
You must also have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
- an entity incorporated in Australia;
- a partnership;
- a sole trader; or
- trust or trustee.
You cannot apply if you are:
- an organisation, or your project partner is an organisation, included on the National Redress Scheme’s list of Institutions that have not joined or signified their intent to join the Scheme- external site;
- an employer of 100 or more employees that has not complied- external site with the Workplace Gender Equality Act (2012);
- an unincorporated association;
- a not-for-profit organisation;
- a registered charity;
- a Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government body (including government business enterprises); or
- a previous recipient of grant funds through the Boosting Female Founders Initiative.
I’m In! How do I Start?
Applications open up on 6 May 2022 and will fill up FAST! Connect with us here to register your interest.